Days Before Election


Voter Information

Exercise your right to vote. Have your say about Milton’s future.

Where do I Vote?

As an eligible elector in Milton, you have the option to cast your vote at your voting location on Election Day, or you can vote on any advanced vote date, regardless of where you live in Milton.  

Can’t make it to vote in person?  Registered electors unable to vote at one of the Advance Vote dates or on Election Day may appoint a proxy to vote on their behalf.  Call (905) 875-5390 to find out more.

Find My Voting Location

Advance Voting

Nassageweya Tennis Club

  • 9267 Guelph Line, Milton, ON L0P 1B0
  • Wednesday October 10, 2018
    • 10 am - 6 pm

Hugh Foster Hall

  • 141 King St., Milton, ON L9T 1J9
  • Monday, October 8 to Friday October 12, 2018
    • 10 am - 6 pm

Shop'N Vote:

Milton Mall

  • 55 Ontario St. S, Milton, ON L9T 2M3
  • Saturday, October 13, 2018
    • 10 am - 6 pm
  • Sunday, October 14, 2018
    • 10 am - 5 pm 


One of the most important mandates of the Town Clerk’s Office is to ensure that elections are accessible to all.  The Election Accessibility Plan supports and strengthens the Town’s commitment to the needs of persons with disabilities.  As a living document, the Plan will be updated as information becomes available.

Find out more:

Am I on the Voters' List?

Milton residents can find out whether they're on the Voters' List for the upcoming municipal and school board elections.

If you do not have access to internet, please visit your local library, or Service Ontario. 

Not on the list? You can add your name to the list when you go to vote. Be sure to bring your identification with you.

Acceptable Voter Identification

Please bring one of the following pieces of ID showing name and qualifying address.

  • Ontario driver's licence
  • Ontario Health Card (photo card)
  • Ontario Photo Card
  • Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion)
  • Cancelled personalized cheque
  • Mortgage, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario
  • Insurance policy or insurance statement
  • Loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution
  • Document issued or certified by a court in Ontario
  • Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government
  • Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada)
  • Income tax assessment notice
  • Child Tax Benefit Statement
  • Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
  • Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS)
  • Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
  • Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions
  • Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works
  • Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007
  • Property tax assessment
  • Credit card statement, bank account statement or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement
  • CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities
  • Hospital card or record
  • Document showing campus residence, issued by the office of officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution
  • Document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator of the Home
  • Utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable T or a bill from a public utilities commission
  • Cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer
  • Transcript or report card from a post-secondary school  

What Ward am I In?

Starting with the new term of Council in December, Milton will have only four wards.

Use Milton Maps to find out your new Ward, along with a list of candidates running for office in your Ward.

Fun Fact:  Until the new term of council begins on December 3, Milton still uses the eight ward system.

List of Candidates

The nomination period for the 2018 Municipal Election begins on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 and closes at 2 pm on Friday, July 27, 2018.

Candidates List - View the full list of candidates and maps of the wards they are representing.

Election Signs 

Do you have an election sign complaint?  There are three ways to lodge a complaint: 

  1. Call: 905-878-7252 x 2137
  2. E-mail
  3. App: MyMilton/Click & Fix

Please view the Election Sign By-law and Election Sign FAQ information on the Candidate Information page.