Destiny Milton 3 is Complete
The Strategic Action Plan entitled Destiny Milton 3 was approved by Milton Council on November 9, 2015. The plan articulates a vision for the Town for the next three to five years, with a recommended action plan for the balance of this term of Council.
Council embarked on a process earlier this year to update Destiny Milton 3 after completing significant background research and trends analysis from a variety of sources, including:
- Community information, population, and demographic analysis and trends, including the completion of a Community Profile in 2013
- Review of current issues and priorities as articulated by your current members of Council as part of the 2014 municipal election process
- Priorities and opportunities as expressed by Members of Council as elected for the 2014 - 2018 term
- Interviews conducted by the consultants retained to update the Strategic Action Plan; these included members of Council, senior staff and key community leaders
- Completion of a statistically valid community telephone survey,conducted by Forum Research Inc.
- Review of results from the 2016 budget survey
- Review of strategic planning documents from other municipalities, such as Halton Region and the Town of Oakville
- Completion of four Council/senior management/senior library staff workshops to develop draft goals and actions
Key strategic priorities and draft actions were developed and used to seek feedback as follows:
- Input session with management staff for the Town of Milton
- Input session with key community stakeholders representing a broad cross-section of business, industry, government, not-for-profit organizations, committee appointees and others
- Staff survey available to all Town of Milton staff
- Input received through the completion of electronic survey documents by key stakeholders
Together, the future is ours to innovate.