Rogers Hometown Hockey selects Milton as a stop on 2016/17 Tour!
On December 17 and 18, the Town of Milton will come together for the love of the game when the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour rolls into town.
Rogers Hometown Hockey is a two day festival that celebrates our national passion for hockey with a weekend of free outdoor activities. The festival will feature games, interactive experiences, and live entertainment for the whole family culminating with an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio with Ron MacLean and co-host Tara Slone.
"This is a tremendous opportunity to bring the community together and celebrate hockey with local celebrities, hockey legends and future stars," said Milton Mayor Gord Krantz. "From the hundreds of minor league hockey players who practice long hours on the ice, to the high-performance athletes who train at the velodrome, our community has a real passion for sport and I'm excited to showcase that to the rest of the country."
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, activities, live local entertainment and food trucks for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and technology-driven interactive experiences, showcasing virtual and augmented reality to unite fans in their passion for the game. Plus, fans can stay warm with free hot chocolate on site.
- Rogers NHL Viewing Room: Fans can go inside the NHL Situation Room to advise on a challenged play (just like NHL officials), as well as find out what's it's like to be on the ice, get close to players, and more, with Virtual Reality experiences. Fans can also view the game in new ways with the different GamePlus™ camera angles exclusive to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: Features meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and highlights from recent NHL matchups, and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 and under.
- The Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow 'N Go Challenge hockey-themed obstacle course and the chance for a family to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.
- McDonald's® Ball Hockey Rink: Features pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, as well as free McCafé® premium roast brewed coffee on site.
- OK Tire: Pushes the limits of how fast fans can get to hockey practice with the extreme OK Tire Race to the Rink RC Car track.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria right out of the oven, and play Giuseppe Stack-a-Puck to win a rooftop experience.
- Playmobil: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Schedule
- Milton Sports Centre - 605 Santa Maria Blvd., Milton, ON L9T 6J5
- Saturday, December 17 - 12PM - 6PM EST
- Sunday, December 18 - 12PM through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
Transit Shuttle Schedule
For more information visit Hometown Hockey